About Butler Gear
Butler Gear History
Butler Gear Enterprises, LLC. is an ISO 9001/2008 certified, complete gear, job shop manufacturer. We were founded in 1960 in Butler, Wisconsin, just north of Milwaukee and currently have a 46,000 square-foot manufacturing building with climate-controlled inspection facilities.
We manufacture standard, metric and special form gears- from samples or drawings. Our machining can be completely customized to meet your specific needs including all materials and any size quantity.
- Heavy Equipment - Including Crane Manufacturers, Mining Industry, etc.
- Paper Converting
- Machine Tool
- Food Service
- Material Handling
- Satellite Systems
- Clutch, Brakes & Drivetrain
Capacities & Capabilities
We manufacture standard, metric and special form gears - from samples or drawings.
- External spur gears to 88" diameter
- Internal shaping to 88" diameter, 19" face
- Shaft hobbing - 16" diameter x 168" long
- Helical gears to 88" diameter
- Worm and worm gears to 78" diameter
- Timing pulleys
- Broaching 50T x 100" tool length
- Key seating 2" wide x 24" long
- Blind slotting 36" diameter x 12" face
- Cylindrical grinding
- Turning to 36" diameter
- CNC turning to 50" diameter
- CNC milling
- Inspection profile and lead 40"
From samples to drawings to finished product, our process is completely customizable.
Back to top
Various metalworking equipment including: Phauter, Liebherr, TOS, G & E, Fellows, Lees Bradner, Gleason, Colonial, American Broach, Hitachi Seiki, Mori Seiki, Mazak, Motch Petler, Mitts & Merrill, and Barber Coleman.
I have done business with Butler Gear for more than 20 years, and always found them willing "to go the extra yard" when necessary.
- Bob Kempka
Crushing Machine Manufacturer
Butler Gear has been the most consistent in quality, service, price and overall value of all the outside processors we have used. In my opinion, Butler Gear is the best gear shop in the Midwest.
- J.P. Beierle
President of a medium-sized manufacturing business in Southern Wisconsin
Back to top